Thursday, September 24, 2009

SLP Pre-K Curriculum Night: Part Deux

I am so glad that you are giving considerable thought to how SLP Pre-K Curriculum night can best reflect the way that you are exploring inquiry in your classrooms--and how you can best communicate that with parents.

The activity described in the previous post might work for you. And if it does not, I want to warmly encourage you to put it aside and think about what you want to do with this opportunity to share with parents where you are on your Reggio journey. That authentic way will make sense to you and to the parents. So please, make your evening plans on that basis. Also, rather than 40 minutes with the parents, let's think about 15-20 minutes.

If you have other questions or comments or ideas, please either post them as a comment or just chat it up with me! These are, to use the parlance, a provocation for my thinking as well and a great gift for which I am most appreciative.

No comments: